Directions for Current Event Assignments:
Due Dates: The current event reports are due the first Friday of every month.
- Choose an article that pertains to any topic covered in Environmental/Geophysical Science.
- These articles can be found in newspapers, websites and online databases. The Shore Regional databases are a great place to start.
- To receive full credit for the current event you must include ALL of the following:
a) title, b) source, c) date
Summary: Give a brief summary of the article: who, what, where, when, why, how (At least two paragraphs)
1. Does the article give two different points of view? Yes or No. If yes, what are they?
2. Is there any controversy surrounding this article? If so, briefly state it.
1. State your perspective on this news article based on your personal knowledge of the topic and your reading of this article.
2. How does this topic affect you or how does it relate to your life? (“It doesn’t” is not an acceptable answer.)
- The current event must be typed.
On Friday, you will be expected to briefly summarize your article for the class. Discussions will follow.
Some Useful Websites: