Senior Exam Exemptions:
Senior exam exemptions at Shore are a privilege and not a right. They have been established to help motivate students toward a well -rounded completion of their senior year. A senior can only be exempt from up to two (2) exams. A final grade for the course will be calculated by using the 4th quarter grade in lieu of the final exam. Exemption criteria accuracy is the responsibility of the senior requesting the exemption. Inaccuracies, discrepancies, and late submissions may result in an administrative denial of the exemption request. There can be no substituting of exams once a denial has been issued.
The following are the criteria for this privilege:
- 92 Average for the year including midterm exam: 2(Q1+Q2+Q3+Q4+ME)/9 = 92 or better.
- Cannot be in danger of credit withdrawal as per the Attendance Policy
- Must be in satisfactory disciplinary standing. Academic dishonesty may impact exemptions
- 15 hours minimum of community service completed prior to the final exam time (semester courses require half the hours). All hours must have administrative approval
- 12th grade students only
- Teacher Approval
- Maximum 2 exams
- The two courses may be in addition to any AP or IB courses for which you took the commensurate exam.
Please review these two forms for Senior Exemptions
(1st Semester Courses Only)
The form is due no later then Friday, January 20th