This course is structure to reinforce Core Curriculum Content Standards in numerical operations, data analysis, geometric reasoning, and algebra in preparation for the HSPA and SAT.
Preparedness for Class
· Please use a 3-ring binder for this class so that you can keep your notes and handouts in an orderly fashion.
· You MUST use PENCIL to do math work. I WILL NOT accept work in PEN!!
Tests & Quizzes
· Tests will be given either at the end of each concept. You will get the whole period to complete and check over a test.
· Quizzes will be given approximately once a week and will take half a period.
· Quizzes will be open notebook!
· Partial credit will be given if I can follow your train of thought and your work is correct for what you did
· If you miss a test or quiz, excused or unexcused, you will make it up upon your return. However, you will take a different version than the rest of the class. You have 5 days to make up a missed test or quiz on your own time (NOT IN CLASS!)
· There will be a midterm in January and a final in June. They will be averaged to give you a 5th marking period grade.
· We will be doing a number of different projects throughout the year. Each one will have a different point value. That information will be given with the directions for the project.
· There is (usually) no homework in this class!! (I reserve the right to give homework, if necessary)
· I will be using a point system for your marking period grade. You and I will both keep a running tally of your grades that we always know where you stand in my class.
· The total amount of points will vary by marking period but the items will always be worth the following:
Test: 100 points Quiz: 50 points Classwork: 20 points
Extra Credit: Extra credit will be available on tests. Also, coming to extra help will count as extra credit.
Extra Help: I am available for extra help most days after school between 2:25 – 2:45 PM
Phone: 732-222-9300 x3890 (voicemail) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Rules: Review school handbook for school rules.
Ways to be successful:
1. Be on time 2. Never laugh at a classmate
3. Raise hand to ask or answer questions 4. Watch your language
Please sign below acknowledging that you have read and are aware of the information on the syllabus.
STUDENT PARENT(S)/ GUARDIAN(S)